So most days in my life are busy but not too bad on the motherhood scale, but yesterday ranked up there. Let me explain the situations that occurred. Yesterday was day one of our mini family reunion, my oldest brother and his family flew in with their children and Eli was SOOOO excited to see his cousins. So while my Dad and I were in the midst of cleaning and preparing for the event my boys were downstairs playing very well.
- When I came down to check on them I noticed a pungent aroma in the air and knew that one of the twins needed to be changed, so I got the stuff, laid the boy down, Emerson I think. Got the diaper off and bum cleaned. Well at this point Emerson had enough and wiggled his way free and ran away. As I was getting up to chase him down he squats and pees on the floor, how nice of him to do this before I get the diaper on. So that is number one.
- On to the next thing, well I thought that I would be a nice mother and make a fort for the kids, since Eli is constantly asking me to do so. So I get the chairs and blankets and make a cool fort, I really should of taken a picture because I was pretty impressed with myself. Of course the twins can only take hanging blankets for so long before they get torn down much to big brothers despair. After about the third or fourth time Eli decided a fort wasn't a good idea and thought that making the "Tower of Babel" would be more fun to do. So once again while I am cleaning he takes all the blankets and chairs and forms his Tower of Babel. (Thank you scripture scouts for teaching my son about this scripture story.) See picture below for his amazing building skills. I must admit that it was quite impressive, dangerous but impressive. Thankfully I stopped Eli before he had his brother Oliver climb up the "Tower". Oh the creativity of a five year old.
- By this time in the day it is time for dinner, so the boys and I go upstairs to put the finishing touched on, (thank goodness for crock pots!). I started to make some egg noodles, when I noticed it was a little too quiet, (don't you hate those moments). Now let me set the scene for you and give you a little background before I continue. My parents have three couches in the living room, all with an enormous amount of pillows on them that the twins like to take off on a daily basis (remember we had just gotten everything spic and span by this point). I went into the living room to check on them and guess what I saw, yep the pillows had been thrown off the couch and the twins decided to decorate the fallen pillows with soil from the plant, that they normally leave alone, on the coffee table. Oh would this day every end!! Buy wait there is more...
- After dinner it was bath and bedtime which can get hectic especially if I am by myself. Usually I handle it just fine, but it had already been a long day so I just wanted to lay them down and have some quiet time. So the bath went fine and I got the twins out and dried off, and diapers ready to put on. Anyone with twins can tell you that they sometime run in opposite directions and getting both of them to lay still while you diapering and dressing is nearly impossible. So as I was getting Emerson diapered since he already had marked his territory for the day, Oliver runs in the opposite direction squats and pees. (What is the deal, seriously!!!!!) But they finally it was bedtime and off to dream land they went. Meanwhile....
- Eli had gathered 4- 2 litter bottles of soda that we had inside and took them outside and removed the lids. When I asked him what he was doing he told me that he wanted to see them shoot up. I wonder where he got that idea. Thankfully all the soda he wasted was about to get thrown out anyway, but it was still a pain to clean up. I later found my salt and pepper shakers outside too, and it was raining.
- I was done at this point, so I kindly asked him to come inside and get ready for bed. But instead of going to bed he wanted to "decorate" for his cousins. Mind you the house was clean. Below is a picture of how he decorated. (On the banister are those mini-bathroom cups).
So it was just one of those days, where one thing after another. By themselves they are small and insignificant but when you pile them in on one day, it wears you down.
5 comments:
Oh the joy's of Motherhood! Does it help to know in the not to distant future you will look back at this day and laugh with fond memories and wish that they were that young again.
I LOVE the "decorations"! What a little sweetheart!
And you're not alone, we have more than our fair share of those days if that helps! Kudos for photographing their shenanigans, that'll be priceless 10 years from now.
oh I know those days well! I hope things are going better today!WE are excited to see you! You made the calendar :)
Congrats on not duct taping your children to the wall, or better yet "putting them in the trash can" to quote Abby. You are amazing! Way to hang in there and still find a way to laugh about it! Go Super MOM!!
OH man!!! I love it! Love it! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing Brittany!
Post a Comment