Sunday, July 25, 2010

4th of July

The 4th of July has always held a special place in my heart. It was a time when my dad would fill up the back seat of his car with all sorts of fabulous fireworks. Then when it got dark we would sit and watch as he created a beautiful display of lights and sparks. We never really watched our town's displays because the show my dad put on was WAY better than anything our town could put on. I missed the years that I was not at home on this great holiday to see the excitement that came with a lighted fuse. Luckily the past 2 years we have been able to once again enjoy this childhood memory with my parents and I think instill in my kids the fond memories I enjoyed.
This year after enjoying a fabulous feast of BBQ ribs, fruit salad, potato salad, homemade ice cream and brownies we gathered in our driveway to watch the show. Dad got sparklers for the kids and for the first time Eli actually held one (previous years he has been too scared). The twins showed no fear and jumped right in, even my little niece Maddie held one. It was a fun night watching as my Dad, Isaac, Ben, the my boys helped set off fireworks for us to see. Thanks for the the AWESOME time Father-mine!


The twins pre-feast ( This is what they do when you ask them to smile at the camera)

My boys with their sparklers ( I think Emerson is in red and Oliver is in blue)

No comments: